Welcome!

My friend Matt had organized a trip across the United States for a new business of his. I was headed out with him but the trip failed miserably after only making it to Idaho. I was going to keep this blog of our national tour (hence the name) but now I just update it with stuff I've been doing.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cal's Memorial Stadium renovation


Pretty sure it still looks like this.

I've never been to Cal's Memorial Stadium, but from what I've seen on TV its a big piece of shit. There is a fault line running through it, the stadium has huge cracks, the visitors locker room is awful, etc. On the bright side at least the University has finally approved a $321 million face lift. The Golden Crisp Bears will play the upcoming season at Memorial Stadium and play the 2011 season at San Francisco's AT&T Park.


Retarded sloth, cereal mascot, or Golden Bear? You decide.

The renovation is much needed but during the 2011 season in San Fran the Bears will lose about 25,000 in seating capacity. Its all worthwhile though since Phase 1 of the renovation includes a new 142,000 Student Athlete High Performance Center. The concept sketches don't include the hippies in the trees. Personally I think they add some charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment