Welcome!

My friend Matt had organized a trip across the United States for a new business of his. I was headed out with him but the trip failed miserably after only making it to Idaho. I was going to keep this blog of our national tour (hence the name) but now I just update it with stuff I've been doing.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Husky Stadium needs improvement

I finally got around to seeing a game at Husky Stadium in Seattle last year. My timing was perfect because it was the rivalry game with Oregon. The Ducks throttled the Huskies 43-19. Aside from needing improvement on the offensive line and just about every other position, I noticed UW was in need of major stadium renovations. For a school with a campus that nice it didn't seem fitting that Husky Stadium looked so crappy.

It looks pretty decent in this picture I took when I was drunk:


A couple weeks ago the University of Washington picked a developer to begin an overhaul of the facilities. It sounds pretty nice with demolition and reconstruction of the lower bowl slated, including the elimination of that pesky track. Of course any renovation isn't complete without a brand new state of the art football operations facility. The whole package comes in at a reasonable sounding $250 million.

Too bad they can't use helicopters for recruiting.


Rendering of renovation. Not too shabby

No comments:

Post a Comment